Taking a creative approach to solving real world problems
An exhibition of the collaborative work produced by thirty architects, artists, scientists, hackers and engineers from acrossEurope.
Taking a creative approach to solving real world problems, Interactivos '12 is a two-week workshop that has seen participants from all over Europe collaborate in developing ideas that range from planting guerilla gardens with “seed bombs” to turning recycling bins into public art. Come along to Science Gallery this Wednesday to see the results of the workshop, and to meet the scientists and artists behind them.
Interactivos ‘12 is the biggest Studiolab initiative in Ireland to date, with over 30 participants from all over the world working in six teams to develop the projects, which include:
- A project to hack our home electrical system, visualise energy usage and improve efficiency
- A mobile app to crowdsource information on dangerous areas for cycling
- A portable kitchen prototype to allow cooking and eating in urban public spaces
- A digital platform to explore our emotional connections to different parts of the city
- A guerilla gardening project using “seed bombs” to create gardens in unused spaces
- An initiative to explore our recycling habits by turning recycling bins into public art